Hurwitz Mintz features one of the nation’s largest selections of fine quality home furnishings. Since 1923, Hurwitz Mintz has built a solid reputation as a leader in the furniture industry. A major factor in the success of the company has been our customer satisfaction. Polite, professional interaction with our customers ensures they will return to us time and time again for their home furnishings needs.
We are currently seeking someone to fill the position of Full Time Cashier. Applicant’s eligibility for employment will be considered with respect to:
- Previious Cashier Experience
- People-skills ability
- Knowledge of retail business operations
- Character, Integrity, and Honesty
- Willingness to work
- Spirit of cooperativeness
- Obtains payment for goods by itemizing and totaling customer's purchases in our computer system
- Itemizes and totals purchases by recording prices, departments, taxable and nontaxable items; operating a computer.
- Enters price changes by referring to price sheets and special sale bulletins.
- Discounts purchases by redeeming coupons.
- Collects payments by accepting cash, check, or charge payments from customers; making change for cash customers.
- Verifies credit acceptance by reviewing and recording driver's license number; operating credit card authorization system.
- Balances cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift.
- Maintains checkout operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Energy Level, Dependability, Productivity, Customer Service, Professionalism, Attention to Detail, Customer Focus, General Math Skills, Informing Others, Basic Safety, Job Knowledge, Ability to work nights and weekends.
Apply in person at:
Hurwitz Mintz Furniture
1751 Airline Drive
Metairie, LA 70001